Manalo Tennis Solutions
Covid -19 Updates
Covid- 19 Updates
MTS COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS - OMICRON & DELTA VARIANTS
1. Please come to tennis activities with masks. Masks may be the single most important safety item we can use to prevent the spread of Covid-19 variants Delta and Omicron. I will ask students/players to wear masks when in close proximity to others.
2. What If I or My Child Experience COVID Symptoms?
● If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home and away from others.
● If you’ve had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, you should get tested 5 days after your exposure, even if you don’t have symptoms. You should not come to tennis class or lessons until you test negative. You should also wear a tight-fitting mask in or outdoors for 10 days following exposure or until your test result is negative.
● If your test result is positive, or you develop any symptoms of COVID, you should begin 5 days of isolation. Assuming you have no more symptoms and a negative test, you are able to participate in the tennis class/activity. If you have symptoms and/or no test, 10 days of isolation is required.
● Contact your healthcare provider or the public health department for isolation guidance. If your test is negative, please continue to follow COVID-19 safety mitigation and prevention measures of wearing your mask, social distancing, frequent handwashing, etc.
● If you have no symptoms and are boosted and vaccinated, you are still encouraged to do a COVID test 5 days after your exposure.
These measures may seem a bit much for some, and I understand. But I would rather err in keeping all of us safe and healthy so we can partake in the benefits of tennis. The impact of C-19 on individuals varies and we need to be considerate of each other’s situation. If you have any questions, let me know. I look forward to seeing all of you and the kids back playing on the courts.
Adult Advanced Clinic
Adult Advanced Clinic
3:30 to 5:00 pm (doubles play after)
$40.00 per class
Focus is on developing tactical/strategic experience in game situations. Designed for the 2.5 + - 4.0 competitive player who would like to improve consistency, shot-making, tactics/strategies, mental strategies and decision making. A combination of drills and games are used to improve shot selection and shot choice. This clinic is not necessarily designed to change a players technique, but to improve how the player uses their technique for optimal results.
Note: Class Location rotates between MLK Middle School Courts and Head Royce School in Oakland.
USTA League Team Coaching: MTS provides USTA Team Tennis Consulting/Coaching for league teams looking to improve their match play. For fees and more information please contact Bob or Xavier Manalo.
Monday Doubles League: MTS offers adult playing leagues on Monday evenings at Davie Tennis Stadium in Oakland. This was created to provide match play opportunities for individuals who take private and group lessons. Many individuals take lessons but have no match play venue to implement what they are learning. Our doubles league is the ideal setting to put those skills to use and to learn "how to PLAY tennis". The sessions are six weeks long and run from 8:00 to 10:00 pm. Fees are $200.00 per session. Each week participants will play three sets of doubles. Individuals will play one set with each player on their court. Each court is group together based on skill levels. General range of skill is 2.5 to 4.0+ NTRP skill levels.
2021 Evening Adult Mid-Week Summer Tennis Camps:
NEW this year is our after work evening Adult Summer Tennis Camps. Traditionally summertime is tennis playing time. But with today’s busy work schedules taking up most of the day, time to work on you tennis game is limited. This summer we are offering a 3 day/evening (Tues., Weds.& Thurs.) adult tennis camp for all levels of play. Camp will start in the early evening after work hours to accommodate the working adult player. Depending on your skill level focus will be developing fundamentally sound stroke mechanics, basic doubles and singles strategies and implementing these in game, set and match play situations. Our philosophy is to teach our students the basic tennis strokes with an emphasis applying them in live ball game situations. Many people can rally and hit a tennis ball, but only a few know how to play tennis.
Camp times are 5:30 to 8:00 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Camp Fees are: $200.00 per session
Camp Space will be limited register early. To Register click here
Session I June 8, 9 & 10
Session II June 22,23 & 24
Session III July 13, 14 & 15
Session IV July 27, 28 & 29
Session V Aug. 3. 4 & 5